AHA 2023 — In this short interview, we are joined by Dr John Hummel (Ohio State University, US) to discuss the findings from the JEWEL-IDE (NCT05201495) study, which investigated the use of the Jewel patch-wearable cardioverter defibrillator (PWCD) system in participants who were at high risk for sudden cardiac arrest. This was a multicenter, prospective, single-arm trial, with 290 participants.
Findings suggest that Jewel is safe and effective, with a high number of patient saves, no deaths or serious adverse events. There was a high patient compliance and low false alarm rate, and the device was well-tolerated for extended prescription durations.
- What are the unmet needs for patients at high risk for cardiac arrest?
- What was the study design and the patient population?
- Could you tell us a bit more about the JEWEL system?
- What were the key findings?
- What are your take-home messages?
- What further study is needed?
Recorded on-site at AHA Scientific Sessions 2023, Philadelphia.
This is an independent interview conducted by Radcliffe Cardiology.
Interviewer: Mirjam Boros
Editor: Jordan Rance
Video Specialists: Dan Brent