Dr Anthony Tang (Western University, London, CA, US) discusses the findings from the RAFT-AF Trial, which was designed to compare randomized ablation-based atrial fibrillation rhythm control with rate control, in patients with heart failure and high burden atrial fibrillation.
1. What is the RAFT-AF Trial and what does it aim to assess?
2. What was the study design, patient population and endpoints?
3. What were your key findings?
4. What conclusions can be made and how do they compare to the results of recent trials?
5. What are the take-home messages?
6. How should these findings impact research and influence practice?
Recorded remotely from London, 2021.